Wednesday, December 17, 2008

a little more...for Sally xx

I took my camera to the market with every intention of trying to capture the day, but I'm happy to say the day captured me! It was such a great atmosphere that I didn't even think to get my camera out. As all the stall holders have shops on etsy.com we had a lot to talk about, for many of us it was also the first time to meet face to face.
a little more...
As you walked into the hall there was a large table set up where our raffle was held. Each of the 30 stall holders added something to the basket of handmade goodies being raffled in order to raise money for the charity Knitting For Brisbane's Needy . This was just the first of many markets BrisStyle plans to have in the future, each time supporting a different local charity.

In the hall & on the stage there were approximately 20 stalls selling bags, jewellery, baby's clothes, quilts, soft toys, bookmarks and much much more. More stalls were out in the courtyard where there was also the sound of the acoustic guitar and the smell of gourmet food enticing people to the market.

4ZzZ broadcast live from the hall in the afternoon as part of their popular and award winning At The Local program which is hosted by BrisStyle member Olivia from Scampsville. If you would like to listen to the program you can listen to their podcasts anytime.
I've always really enjoyed going to markets on weekends and love to also be part of them. This market seemed to have all the special market feelings rolled into one. It was in a fantastic setting, great quality goods for sale, gourmet food, acoustic music, laughter - it just had everything I'd like a market to have as a customer and as a stall holder. I can't wait until the next one and I'll be sure to make time to snap a few photos but for now here a couple of my purchases...

'Rudolf can't take the heat' by Twinkle Star Art


Little purse by Little Mary Moo