Thursday, July 22, 2010

Windsor Deli: Gluten free Garibaldi






"Squashed fly slice" or "Fly cemetary" to so many Australians. What a terrible name for something so buttery and flaky and fruity!

It is called Garibaldi and I found it in a book that my Dad brought back from America for me a few years ago. I started making it at the deli about 6 months ago when I needed a shortbread that I thought kids could take to school and I found that the older generations just loved it as it brought back so many memories of the version of the English Garibaldi Slice!

The great thing about this buttery shortbread is that I have now made it into a gluten free version. I know that it will work well with your cup of tea in the morning or for a great morning tea to take to a friends house.




********************

the windsor deli posts are kindly shared with us by Katrina Higham, owner of Windsor Deli in Victoria. For more of Katrina's yummy gluten free recipes visit;

the blog: Windsor Deli


the deli: 33 Hornby St, Windsor Victoria. {open 7 days 7am -5.30pm}

*photos courtesy of Katrina