Sunday, April 18, 2010

lucky me...






drawstring bag by {a creature strange}

(attention to detail)






lamp work bead by happily ever artist


and look at the handmade box it came in xx



At each of the brisStyle Indie Markets we run a raffle to raise money for a chosen charity. Each stall holder donates an item and at the end of the day the raffle is drawn. March saw us raising money for the cancer council. I was one of the lucky winners. There were 2 handmade bags filled to the brim with handmade goodness and I got to take one of them home with me. As I pulled gorgeous handmade things out of the bag I was making oohs and ahhs and little yelps of excitement. The truth is I had already had a great day being part of the market and this was the icing on the cake...

I promised myself I wouldn't enjoy using my winnings until I'd photographed everything..needless to say it's been torture walking past the chair that all these goodies have been resting on. Well today I finally got the chance...yay..When my Mum was last visiting she claimed the gorgeous handbag by Little Mary Moo but everything else..well except the lamp work bead on the key (it's already been worn several times and received many, many compliments) has been sitting, waiting to be admired again.

Besides the obvious creativity what really resonated with me was quality, packaging and great attention to detail. What an amazing group of artists, crafters and small business owners!

see more on flickr