Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Meet Your Maker

I mentioned the 'Meet Your Maker' exhibition in my last post (which was far too long ago!) and thought I'd tell you a little more about it. It showcased furniture by Brisbane's makers and designers. Beautifully crafted, clean lines, gorgeous wood patterns and functional - I love it when all these things come together. Some of my favorite pieces were the 'Harvest Table' by Roy Schack along with his 'Samford Sideboard' - it feels like you are being told a little secret when you discover the removable panel at the back as it reveals the detail that goes into making the drawers!
The photo above is of 'BOTAN' by Fukutoshi Ueno - a piece of furniture I'd love in our home. Fukutoshi also collaborated with Hiroaki Eba to design the 'MORI' stool which was inspired by the children's book 'The Giving Tree'. Both the 'Botan' and 'Mori' stool can be seen at Hanasho - 5/235 Boundary St, West End.