Friday, August 22, 2008

it was a good day

Today was a good day - that means I was able to tear myself away from the computer and blog land and get some actual work done. It was one of those days where I was fully aware of how lucky I am to be doing what I am doing,
the windows of the studio were open,
it was sprinkling outside,
I was listening to music
and 'playing' with fine granules of glass, glue and water.
Often when creating I start to get inspired by the things around me..
today I felt like I was playing with sherbet,


then I was reminded of the beauty of Japan by a simple plastic spoon

and then my creations seemed like snow cones..
..it was just one of those special days where everything was appreciated.

My orders are all in the post so I start this weekend guilt free
- it actually feels like Friday!